November 20 2013
Operation HOPE Creates Clinton Global Initiative Commitment to Action, Project 5117
LOS ANGELES – November 12, 2013 – Operation HOPE is excited to announce a new phase in its Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) Commitment to Action, continuing a shared mission of expanding access and opportunities to underserved communities. This commitment, Project 5117, is a multi-year project that will help turn underserved communities into emerging markets, will track and increase business role models for youth, boost credit scores for adults, and empower underserved communities.
By June 2014, Operation HOPE commits to:
- Secure pledges from 7 school districts across the U.S. to roll out the Gallup HOPE Index to their students and participate in Project 5117.
- Engage 100 schools to become HOPE Business in a Box Academies, working towards the Project 5117 goal of reaching five million kids with financial literacy and HBIAB entrepreneurship programs.
- Recruit and train 5,000 HBIAB business role models.
- Recruit, train and deploy 1,000 financial inclusion volunteers.
- Gain commitments for 25 new HOPE Inside locations.
- Partner with 25 community based organizations that can implement and further the work of HOPE's 700 Credit Score community program.
“Operation HOPE has been a proud member of CGI since 2005,” said John Hope Bryant, founder and CEO of Operation HOPE. “We are eager to work with an organization that shares our vision for improving the lives of others, as well as our motivation to identify tangible plans of action.”
To learn more about this exciting new endeavor and how you can participate, please visit: http://www.operationhope.org/hopecgi
About Operation HOPE
Operation HOPE (HOPE) is an international nonprofit organization that promotes financial literacy and dignity through various educational programs and initiatives. Since 1992, it has empowered more than two million individuals, families and small-business owners with financial literacy education, economic and disaster preparedness, and home ownership and foreclosure prevention assistance. To learn more about Operation HOPE, visit www.operationhope.org, follow us on Twitter, @operationhope and #HOPESummit, and like us on Facebook.
To learn more about the 2nd annual HOPE Global Financial Dignity Summit and how you can participate, visit http://summit.operationhope.org.
About the Clinton Global Initiative Established in 2005 by President Bill Clinton, the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI), an initiative of Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation, convenes global leaders to create and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. CGI Annual Meetings have brought together more than 150 heads of state, 20 Nobel Prize laureates, and hundreds of leading CEOs, heads of foundations and NGOs, major philanthropists, and members of the media. To date, CGI members have made more than 2,500 commitments, which are already improving the lives of more than 430 million people in over 180 countries. When fully funded and implemented, these commitments will be valued at $87.9 billion.