June 27 2013
The City of Atlanta and Operation HOPE to Convene 2nd HOPE Global Financial Dignity Summit November 13-14, 2013
ATLANTA – June 25, 2013 – Operation HOPE (HOPE) today announced that the success of the inaugural Global Financial Dignity Summit has made way for a second event, themed Global Economic Recovery: How the Poor Can Help Save Capitalism to be held at the Georgia International Convention Center on Wednesday and Thursday, November 13-14.
Event co-chairs John Hope Bryant, HOPE Founder, Chairman, CEO and Global Spokesman for HOPE, and Ambassador Andrew Young, Civil Rights Icon and Chairman of the Andrew Young Foundation, will be joined by Honorary Co-chairs Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed, Financial Services Roundtable President and CEO Governor Tim Pawlenty, Founder and Executive Vice Chair of FutureWorld Foundation Sean Cleary, and Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta President and CEO Dennis P. Lockhart to welcome some 1,000 government, non-profit and private sectors leaders from across the globe.
Under the backdrop of today’s global economic struggle for job creation, summit delegates will address ways to empower the poor, the working class and the struggling middle class through capitalism.
Sponsored by Delta and Allstate, *some of the most notable speakers include:
· Michael Arougheti, Chief Executive Officer Ares Capital Management
· The Honorable Sheila Bair, Former FDIC Chairman
· Don Graves, Executive Director, U.S. President’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness The White House
· Michael Hastings, Lord Hastings of Scarisbrick, CBE Global Head of Corporate Citizenship KPMG Intl.
· Dr. Bernice King, Chief Executive Officer, The King Center
· Dennis P. Lockhart, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta President and CEO
· William (Bill) Rogers, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer, SunTrust Banks Inc.
· Timothy Sloan, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Vice President Chief Financial
Officer, Wells Fargo
Since 1992, Operation HOPE has promoted financial dignity through financial literacy and education tools to underserved communities. Through its four core portfolios, the organization has provided youth and adult financial literacy, economic preparedness, digital empowerment, promoted home ownership, and assisted with foreclosure prevention to more than 2 million individuals, families, and small business owners.
To learn more about Operation HOPE, visit www.operationhope.org, follow us on Twitter, @operationhope, and like us on Facebook.