June 30 2011
Operation HOPE and NYSE Euronext to Host 'The Rebirth of America, Post Economic Crisis' Forum at the NYSE
LOS ANGELES (June 39, 2011)--On Thursday, July 21 Operation HOPE Founder, Chairman and CEO John Hope Bryant will join NYSE Euronext CEO Duncan Niederauer and New York Bankers Association President Michael P. Smith to gather some of the nation's leading minds for the HOPE New York Financial Literacy Forum.
The event, titled The Rebirth of America, Post Economic Crisis, hopes to bridge the gap between Main Street and Wall Street in an effort to help financial service industry professionals understand the impact of financial literacy on communities and address their role and responsibility in empowering America.
The historic event will bring together leaders from the public and private sector to frame the issue of financial literacy, possibly for the first time, not as a soft and ancillary economic tool, nor as an option, but as an essential, core ingredient to mid-to-long-term economic recovery and stability.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
New York Stock Exchange
Security Checkpoint (tent) at corner of Exchange Place and Broad Street
- 7:30 a.m. Media escorted into the building
- 8:00 a.m. Event begins
- 3:00 p.m. Event concludes
This event is for credentialed media only. Space is limited and every effort will be made to accommodate requests. Journalists and media representatives who are interested in attending the event must contact Judy Shaw or Sherry John at the below coordinates prior to the event.
- Duncan Niederauer, Chief Executive Officer, NYSE Euronext
- Michael P. Smith, President and CEO, New York Bankers Association
- John Hope Bryant Founder, Chairman and CEO, Operation HOPE, Inc.
- Maria Bartiromo, CNBC Anchor, will moderate
- Steve Bartlett, President and CEO, The Financial Services Roundtable;
- Tim Wennes, Vice Chairman, Union Bank;
- Steven Freiberg, Chief Executive Officer, E*TRADE Financial;
- Ambassador Andrew Young, HOPE Global Spokesman;
- Lynn Carter, President, Capital One Bank;
- Jim Clifton, Chairman and CEO Gallup, Inc.;
- Pravina Raghavan, District Director, New York SBA;
- Krishna Guha, Executive Vice President for Communications, Federal Reserve Bank of New York;
- Michelle Greene, Vice President, Head of Corporate Responsibility, Executive Director of NYSE Foundation, NYSE Euronext;
- Noah J. Hanft, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary, Chief Franchise Integrity Officer MasterCard Worldwide;
- And more to be announced…
- The national and global economy
- Consumer Protection Regulation
- Housing and home foreclosures
- Small Business and entrepreneurship
- Education (financial literacy and addressing the dropout rate in schools)
- Converting the unbanked into banking customers
Sherry T. John, 213.361.6855, email@example.com
About Operation HOPE, Inc.
Founded in 1992, social empowerment nonprofit Operation HOPE’s mission is to expand economic opportunity in underserved communities through financial literacy education. HOPE promotes "silver rights" – making free enterprise and capitalism relevant and effective for the under-resourced. Serving more than 1.4 million people, raising more than $500 million and restructuring nearly $400 million in sub-prime mortgages from the private sector, for a total of approximately $1 billion in economic activity, HOPE seeks dignity and empowerment for all. Follow Operation HOPE at www.operationhope.org, www.twitter.com/operationhope, and www.facebook.com/operationhope.