May 11 2011
Inc. Magazine 800-CEO-READ Names Top Business Books for 2010, Naming LOVE LEADERSHIP by John Hope Bryant to the 4th Spot
Inspirational Work by the founder of Operation HOPE provides inspiration to government leaders,
educators, executives, and entrepreneurs globally
LOS ANGELES—May 11, 2011—Operation HOPE Founder, Chairman and CEO John Hope Bryant’s business bestselling book LOVE LEADERSHIP: The New Way to Lead in a Fear-Based World (Jossey-Bass), took the 4th spot on the Inc. Magazine 800-CEO-READ top selling business books list for 2010. The bestsellers for 2010 were chosen based on the numbers for the entire year, giving weight to both total sales and how long each book stayed on the list.
LOVE LEADERSHIP serves as a beacon for new executive influence, demonstrating how leading with love and respect and not fear creates success in business and in life. It makes the case that the best way to get ahead is to figure out what you have to give. The book, aimed at a new generation of leaders, is extremely relevant and topical as the global economy struggles to recover from the recent global crisis.
LOVE LEADERSHIP draws on Bryant’s remarkable success story and on interviews with thirty love-based leaders such as former U.S. President Bill Clinton, Bill George, HRH Crown Prince Haakon of Norway, Ambassador Andrew Young, and some of the last book interviews with the late Secretary Jack Kemp and the late civil rights icon Dr. Dorothy I. Height.
The Inc. Magazine 800-CEO-READ top 10 business bestselling books from the list of 25 include:
1. Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath; Gallup Press
2. The Go-Giver: A Little Story about a Powerful Business Idea by Bob Burg, John David Mann ; Portfolio
3. Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard By Chip Heath, Dan Heath, Broadway
4. Love Leadership: The New Way to Lead in a Fear-Based World by John Hope Bryant; Jossey-Bass
5. Return of the Gold: The Journey of Jerry Colangelo and the Redeem Team by Dan Bickley; Morgan James Publishing
6. Doing Both: How Cisco Captures Today’s Profit and Drives Tomorrow’s Growth By Inder Sidhu , FT Press
7. Rich Dad’s Conspiracy of the Rich: The 8 New Rules of Money by Robert T Kiyosaki; Business Plus
8. Accelerating Out of the Great Recession: How to Win in a Slow-Growth Economy by David Rhodes, Daniel Stelter; McGraw-Hill
9. Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin; Portfolio
10. What Got You Here Won’t Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful by Marshall Goldsmith, Mark Reiter; Hyperion
The entire list of bestsellers can be seen here.
Inc. magazine is the only major business magazine edited exclusively for CEOs of fast-growing, private companies. First published in 1979, Inc. also maintains the Inc. 5000, a list that identifies America’s fastest-growing private businesses. The magazine’s online presence is a leading website for small business advice, tools, and information.