MBA (UCT) 2006
Honours Economics (UWC) 1999
International Business Management Certificate (Germany) 1998
Honours in Economic Sciences (UWC) 1995
Bachelor of Commerce (WITS) 1989
Diploma in Systems Analysis and Design (FTI) 1992
An experienced executive with qualifications in management & economics and extensive work exposure at senior management levels in both the private and public sector. Most recently waswas employed as Executive for Strategy and Stakeholder Relations at the National Nuclear Regulator. Role included accountability for Strategy Development, Organizational Performance Monitoring and Evaluation, Corporate Communication, International Relations, Quality Management and leading the Enterprise Risk Management Committee.Some notable accomplishments include; influencing a change in how the organization approaches strategy development, leading the IAEA Self-Assessment Project of the South African Nuclear and Radiation Safety Regulatory System, managing the fellowship programme between IAEA and NNR and developing a national dose register for occupationally exposed mineworkers. In addition, as a member of the Steering Committee of the Forum for Nuclear Regulatory Bodies in Africa (FNRBA), contributed towards an initiative to develop a SADC Protocol for Nuclear and Rational Safety Protocol and was elected as the Secretary of the FNRBA in March 2011.
Other positions included as a Strategy Executive in the Group Schemes Division for Old Mutual South Africa from 2000-2009, were he was responsible for managing the strategy development and business planning process, the programme management office and the regulatory affairs department. Additional responsibilities included managing the performance contract relationship of Group Schemes BEE Business Partners of Old Mutual and managing the Old Mutual Education Trust. Also successfully developed and implemented the administration and operational capability for the Old Mutual Education Trust as its first Principal Officer.Key Leadership Roles
- Active in religious and political organizations and also served different in leadership capacities since high school.
- Awarded the Anglo American Scholarship and studied as part of the Anglo American Cadet Scheme at Wits University in 1986.
- Between 1995 and 2005 served on the regional board of the Black Management Forum in the Western Cap, and also served as Regional President between 2003 and 2005. During tenure as general secretary we established a research unit with the UCT Business School to develop organizational capacity and contribute to knowledge creation.
- Appointed on the board of Cape Town Routes Unlimited in 2004 and served as chairman between 2006 and 2007. Served as board member of The Western Cape Investment Promotion Agency (Wesgro) between 2006 and 2007.
- Board member for the Desmond Tutu Educational Trust between 1999 and 2005. Leadership roles in the board included chairing the finance and remuneration committee., and held the position of acting CEO during a transition phase in 2000.